Learn directly from the world’s leading product development authority, Dr. Robert G. Cooper, how to accelerate your idea-to-launch new product process and pick the right projects for development. Learn to focus resources, not overload your pipeline, and get there fast! Combine the benefits of Agile-Scrum development with Stage-Gate, then couple with ‘Gates with Teeth’ for powerful results. Attend this Masterclass and receive hands-on implementation guidance, tools, and templates. Plus a free copy of Dr. Cooper’s newest book!
Is this Masterclass right for me? Six questions to ask yourself:
- Do you want to get your products right, but much earlier in the process to avoid redo’s and rework?
- Do you want to accelerate development without sacrificing quality?
- Does your current stage-and-gate system seem cumbersome and unable to deal with today’s customer responsiveness imperative?
- You’ve heard about Agile-Scrum development for software products, and wonder how it works for physical or manufactured new products.
- Your pipeline is overloaded with too many projects – and too small – and you’re spread too thin.
- You want better development projects, resourced correctly, with better results (fast, profitable, and right).
If you answered Yes to 2 or more of these questions, then attending will benefit you right away.
This is the only program of its kind that explains how to apply Agile within a Stage-Gate environment. Discover how Agile enhances and helps overcome the challenges of Stage-Gate, while the structure of Stage-Gate enhances Agile. In two highly practical days, Dr. Cooper will share how leading firms are achieving superb results by moving beyond traditional Stage-Gate to make processes focused, flexible, lean, and responsive to customers. Specifically, he will tell you how to:
- Get the project right by building experimentation and iterations with regular, fast customer validationsinto the development process.
- Leverage Agile-Scrum project management methods to help with dynamic product requirements and rapid strategic pivots (scrums and time-boxed sprints).
- Adapt Agile-Scrum methods for physical products – build Agile into your gating process.
- Understand the different versions of Stage-Gate – Lite, XPress, the risk-based contingency model, and gating for technology platforms – how they’re different and how they work.
- Get your projects resourced properly (dedicated and focused project teams) to enable rapid iterations, time-boxed sprints and scrums.
- Be more adaptive to changing requirements; get to market faster.
- Achieve better focus – fewer but better projects — by using ‘gates with teeth’ and effective portfolio management.
- Remove waste, bureaucracy and speed-killers in your process through lean value stream analysis.
This Masterclass draws on Dr. Cooper’s wealth of experience working with the world’s most successful and forward-thinking firms.
- Interactive lecture & discussion sessions, including ample question-and-answer opportunities and Cooper’s famous “hot questions” sessions
- Numerous case studies, illustrations, and practical examples from other companies and countries
- Templates, guidelines and checklists you may share with others back at your organization. Begin implementing right away!