Product development innovation is cross-disciplinary and cross-enterprise; many different resources and skills are necessary to build capability. No individual has all the answers, nor does one single solution apply to all organizations. There are multiple approaches — it’s important to assess your specific situation to choose the right one(s) for you.
We can help you identify where to focus and provide you with how-to’s and examples. For hands-on implementation guidance, we can also connect you with leading experts across these general categories:
- Product Portfolio Strategy & Roadmaps: How to select the best innovations for your current and future customer base that fit within your corporation’s capabilities. How to identify and assess market needs, white space opportunities, the competitive landscape, potential partners, and emerging technologies.
- Collaboration and Growth: Expanding your reach, accelerating time to market, and gaining new capabilities through partnerships, outsourcing, and acquisitions. Ensuring the right arrangement and managing the process.
- Innovation, Customer Empathy & Design Thinking: How to identify the customer needs that set your offerings apart from the competition. How to go beyond what customers say (and think) they need to what they really want. How to validate and iterate concepts – get to market fast and right.
- Software Methodologies & Tooling: As software is increasingly embedded in products, aligning and integrating software development is key. Learn about the latest methodologies, such as Test Driven Development, Agile, Extreme Programming and more.
- Agile Product Development: How to set up sprints, adapt Agile-Scrum methods for physical products, and achieve more using fewer resources.
- Teamwork, Leadership, and Decision Making: Making sure the right people are in the right roles, keeping motivation high, setting and communicating strategic direction, gaining buy-in, developing new skills, managing change, and fostering collaboration both internally and externally with partners.
- Program and Project Management, and Project Management Offices: ‘Next Practices’ in Program/Project Management – tools, technologies, infrastructure, problem-solving, organizational alignment, and more.
Whether you’re starting a new initiative, improving a current one, fixing a broken process, expanding into new markets, exploring technologies, or just feeling swamped, we can help – contact us at 781-891-8080 or email email@example.com if you would like to learn more about workshops, webinars, Quick-Start kits, training, coursebooks, and/or Expert services. And be sure to sign up for our free Experts on Call: Hot Topics webcast series!